December 15, 2015

Week 1: Very, Very, Stressed...But Seriously, Don't Worry!

Hi from Guatemala City! Just want to start out by saying I love you! Thanks to everyone who sent emails. I really appreciate it and hope you'll email again. I wish I had time to respond to everyone, but we don't get a lot of time today so I'll try to answer everyone's questions in this one.

The Spanish is going pretty well so far. I speak more fluently after a week than I did in 3 years of high school. This keyboard is in Spanish as well as the autocorrect...so don't mind the spelling/punctuation! Haha.

I've built great comradery between every single one of the other Elders that have been here the last week. We talk a lot about fitness, and a couple of them are into cars too. They agree I should've kept the Datsun, haha. My junior companion is Elder Lofgran, from Idaho. He's pretty easygoing, which is great. It's been good for me to have to take the lead on things.

I'm very, very stressed, I don't know if I've ever been so stressed in my life. We wake up at 6:30 and go to bed at 10:30, and it's nothing but go, go, go the whole time. We have a couple of hours of personal study every day but they give us so much to do outside of class that everyone is constantly unprepared. Most of the day it's language study, with some doctrine in it, and doctrine study with full Spanish immersion.

The first week has flown by, but it's been really hard. I'm pretty sure that this is the hardest thing I've done in my life, though I am confident that I can do it, so I'm okay... I don't know if I'll get out of here with my sanity though! But seriously, don't worry, I'll be fine.

On Sunday I felt the Spirit stronger than I ever have before, and have built my testimony a lot in the last week.

I'll end by saying I love everybody, I appreciate your support and I'm really glad I'm doing this. Hope you guys are all ok! Love you all!