December 29, 2015

Week 3: All the Right Reasons

It was so good to talk to Jackson on the phone for Christmas! He sounded wonderful and happy. He bore his testimony in Spanish; although we could only understand a few words, we definitely felt the Spirit. 

Hello! I'm 3 weeks in...halfway! 

I can't wait to get into the field. I heard there's a lot more freedom, not that I'll take advantage of it in a a bad way, but it'll be nice not to have to answer to teachers 14 hours a day. And they make us teach mock investigators, who are other teachers, and it's always super awkward, so I'm excited to be done with that. 

But it's all good, and I'm glad I'm here on my mission. I've really learned a lot. I'm not sure that I came out for all the right reasons, but I know I'm here for the right reasons now. My testimony has grown so much and I'm excited to get out there teaching the gospel. 

I've had the chance to be the responsible one. Imagine that! It's been a little hard for me, I've had to grow up a lot, but I think it's been good for me. I'm not worried about how I'll do in college anymore...

My Spanish is still improving every day. And yes, my facial hair does grow fast enough that I have to shave every day, even though I never tested that out before now. 

We go to the temple every Pday morning at 6 am. It's pretty cool. We don't leave the CCM at all except to walk to the temple. 

On Sundays we have a sacrament meeting in the morning. People are randomly selected to give talks, and it's all in Spanish so it's a little nerve-racking. Then we have the normal Priesthood and Relief Society meetings, and then a District Sunday School. Then we have like 3 devotionals. Everyone likes Sundays a lot, because they're a nice break from the week. 

Our North American District gets to go to President and Hermana Cox's apartment every Monday for a devotional too, so that's pretty cool. We all look forward to that.

Can't really think of much else to say besides I'm excited to read emails every week, so keep them coming! I'm doing well, and Love You!