January 5, 2016

Week 4: I Absolutely Love It Here!

Hello to all my friends and family!

4 weeks into the MTC. My Spanish is coming along great, and my testimony is even better. I had mixed emotions when I got here. I remember at the end of the first day, I layed down in my new bed, stared at the bottom of the bunk above me, and thought to myself, "What the heck have I gotten myself into?" I knew why I was here though. I'm very proud to be doing what I'm doing, and to be a part of this great work. It's been a lot more work than I'm used to, but I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to grow as much as I have in the past 4 weeks.

I have a hard time imagining that any other district that has come through the MTC has had anywhere near the comradery we share in our district. I love every single person in our district, and the love we share has helped me a lot.

Guatemala is pretty cool. It's mountains are very beautiful, and the weather has been great so far. We do get lectures almost daily about what we can and can't eat, which parasites are which, and how we can't use water from the faucets. We have armed guards outside of the MTC, and sometimes its hard to distinguish the fireworks from the gunshots (we hear plenty of both.) But the people here are very loving, welcoming, and kind. Some of the food here is amazing. And I've never seen so many old beater motorcycles in my life. I absolutely love it here!